Our artisanal lavender & lemongrass soap is made with all-natural ingredients - lemongrass oil, lavender flowers, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, a splash of almond oil and castor oil. Our lemongrass is sourced from Tati (aunt). CiCi's garden located in Miramar Florida and are soaked in our natural oils for a month to slowly extract the essential oils.
Lemongrass skin benefits:
1. Vitamin-rich: Lemongrass essential oil is a source of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate and vitamin C. It also provides essential minerals such as magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc and iron. Yes, all of these are jam packed into this beautiful oil and help support beautiful skin.
2. Anti-bacterial: Lemongrass is well-known as both an anti-microbial and anti-bacterial herb. This means it will help limit bacterial or microbial growth on your skin, warding off skin infections caused by bacterial infections, like folliculitis and cellulitis.
3. Fungicidal: Lemongrass Oil has good fungicidal properties and may be used to remedy fungal infections, like athlete's foot.
4. Astringent: As an effective astringent, Lemongrass helps to minimize pores, limit the secretions of oil (great for those of us with oily skin), and tighten skin.
5. Anti-inflammatory: According to a 2005 study, Lemongrass Oil is one of the top six essential oils with anti-inflammatory properties, helping to reduce the pain and inflammation that can sometimes lead to chronic disease.
Lavender skin benefits:
Lavender help to neutralize the skin, control dryness, has natural antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, and helps to clear bacteria and excess oil. Lavender improves the circulation by adding oxygen to the skin cells. With the much-needed oxygen, the skin cells are granted a boost of energy and kick-started into growing new cells. The regeneration of new skin cells gives your skin that healthy glow. Better circulation through your bloodstream brings amazing anti-aging effects to skin. Wrinkles, the telltale signs of aging, are plumped up and therefore minimized. Lavender added as an ingredient to skin care products is beneficial for the skin, helping to give a youthful glow. Lavender can help to equalize the skin’s pH balance. Lavender oil moisturizes and controls the oils in your skin. Your skin will be more supple and healthy-looking without dry or flaky patches.
*Not everybody reacts well to essential oils, so as with any new addition to your skincare routine you should patch test before committing.
Benefit Sources: Rockymountainsoap.com, herbaldynamicsbeauty.com